These Books

I didn't get past the first line of the day 7 #verselove2019 challenge: 

What books nudged you as a reader? 

I did trace my hand on the page of my journal (boy, are some of my fingers crooked!), and I began filling it with the books my mom read to me, the ones I read during the year that influenced me the most (4th grade), and the books I read during adolescence. I listed such an absurd variety of texts, but I am so glad that those books allowed me to explore the world. The greatest gift my mom gave to me (other than my life, of course) is a love of reading. 

For more poetry inspiration, check out http://www.ethicalela.com/7-verselove2019-with-travis-crowder/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Station Eleven - a Review (With Spoilers!)

Prayer to the Teachers to Forgive them for Solely Using TPCASTT

"Moist" - A Poem about a Much Maligned Word