5 Categories of Memories

based on Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox


What is a memory?

Something warm: Benji during the "snowpocalypse." He is paws down the best dog that ever lived.


Something from long ago: My boyfriend (now husband of 23 years) risking the band director's wrath to give me a kiss, 1990



Something that makes me cry: My dad and I getting to know each other after too many years apart. This was taken during his 1993 visit to England while I was pregnant with my daughter. We laughed at our luck that, of course, on the day we visited Buckingham Palace, there was no changing of the guard. He didn't get to be a grandfather for very long before he passed away, but he loved his granddaughter deeply.



Something that makes me laugh: During a period of "baby fever", I spontaneously bought this black bear hamster so I could fulfill those nurturing instincts. I mean seriously, what 39-year-old does that? Sammy (the hammy) still entertains me daily.



Something as precious as gold: Of course my children are the most precious people in my life, and the memories we've made together are the most important. This photo was taken the first time my daughter held her baby brother in 1999.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Station Eleven - a Review (With Spoilers!)

Prayer to the Teachers to Forgive them for Solely Using TPCASTT

"Moist" - A Poem about a Much Maligned Word